RACE Swimming at RallySport
We are excited we are for the 2018-19 RACE Swim Season, and the athletes who choose to be part of our program. We are also very excited to introduce Rob Putnam as our new RACE Head Coach and Aquatics Director. RallySport is 100% committed to providing the very best swim team experience in Boulder.
Please contact Erin Carson firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any aspect of RACE swimming at RallySport.
These sessions are intended for ALL INTERESTED swimmers to attend. Sessions will include both in water and dry land training.
August 19 – 22, 4:30 – 6:00pm
August 27 – 30, 4:30 – 6:00pm
ONGOING SCHEDULE (proposed)
Practices will begin at approximately 4pm – we will be able to talk specifics when we have an idea of how the team will develop in the coming weeks. We have access to both the indoor and outdoor pools at RallySport and fully intend to consider input from the families choosing to remain (or begin) with RACE.
We are doing the very best we can to give people the opportunity to make the best possible decision for their young athlete and family. We hope that many of you strongly consider staying with RACE.
To help you in this decision making process, RallySport will WAIVE ALL SWIMMING FEES through the month of September and completely waive the 30 day notice to cancel your membership.
Please let us know if you need any special consideration in this journey.
Introducing Aquatics Director: Rob Putnam
We are very excited to introduce Rob Putnam as our new RACE Head Coach and Aquatics Director. Below are some of his many accomplishments as both an athlete and a coach:
Rob’s Coaching Bio:
- Head Coach for 3 years at Longmont Swim club: 3 Junior Nationals / 1 Nationals swimmer
- Head Coach for 3 years at Loveland Swim Club
- Northern Colorado Coach of the Year in 2000
- Assistant Coach RACE for 8 years with numerous Sectional, Junior Nationals, Nationals & Olympic Trials qualifiers
- Head Coach Manhattan, KS for 4 years. Grew from 40 to 100 swimmers
- Head coach Greenwood for 2 years. Grew team from 40-80 swimmers
Rob’s bio as an athlete:
- First Junior National cut was in 100 fly at age 15
- First National cut was in 200 fly at age 18
- Held CO state records 100 fly / 200 fly
- 4 year HS All American at Longmont High School
- 1992 CO Swimmer of the Year
- 4 year letter winner at KU 1992 – 1996
- Team Captain 1996
Why stay with RACE?
1. We are confident that Rob Putnam will provide world class leadership and coaching for our RACE athletes. We anticipate bringing in additional coaches as we have more information of the make-up of the new team.
2. We have a meet schedule prepared through March 2019. We anticipate competing as a team every 3-4 weeks.
3. We will be able to provide more technology based swim technique feedback including underwater video.
4. RallySport has proven to be committed to providing facilities that serve to optimize performance for the RACE athletes.
5. Practice times will be optimized to ensure all athletes (and families) make the most of their time during the week and weekends.
6. We are committed to developing complete athletes using dry land strategies led by nationally certified strength coaches. Athletes will also have access to a strength training app that will provide dry land strategies to ensure exceptional form and focus.
7. Dry-land facilities are conveniently located at the same location and able to provide access to the entire team for no additional charge.
8. The RallySport cafe provide the athletes the opportunity to fuel and refuel in a timely manner before and after practice.